Note: The following pics do not necessarily reflect the views of The Only Jaiden; this is STRICTLY from a 'fashion' perspective.

Monday, October 24, 2011

D-WADE Mentions In GQ's Nov. 2011 Issue That He Painted (Or Still Paints) His Toenails Black!

 Dwyane Wade in V Man Fall 2011 issue

For those of you who follow up on fashion and athletes alike, you will know that NBA athletes are becoming more and more image-conscious. Miami Heat's very own Dwyane Wade is one of those image-conscious guys.

D-WADE mentioned in GQ's November 2011 issue that 'Man, I kind of want to paint my toenails black,' and that shocked me a little bit. I had to 'catch myself' because I had to remember that we actually live in a day and age where the influences of hip-hop (baggy jeans, Timberlands, THUG LIFE look) are slowly diminishing and a more softer look (no pun intended) is now becoming dominant.

What I mean by 'softer' is that guys are increasingly paying no mind to the 'RULES OF BEING A MAN' and are starting to wear more colognes and smell-good body sprays, more fitted shirts and jeans, colorful bracelets AND AN EXTREME IN D-WADE'S CASE: nail polish!

I don't think I'll ever go that far *LOL* but if D-Wade likes it, okay.
To check out more of D-Wade's interview with GQ, check out http://gq.com


Pic: Google/ Fashion Bomb Daily

No comments:

JAIDEN's Popular Posts of the Week