Note: The following pics do not necessarily reflect the views of The Only Jaiden; this is STRICTLY from a 'fashion' perspective.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Welcome To My World

Thank you for joining in on seeing "The Only Jaiden." I'm very excited and optimistic about this project. Notice that if you have been following the developments of this whole 'JAIDEN' thing, you would have noticed that in such a project, there would be more promos and such. I decided to let that increase over time as the popularity of this blog and project grows.

This blog takes on a "comic-book" feel, a page-turner like a good book. My persona, JAIDEN, is described as a SUPERHERO--not fictional, people--an actual fashion superhero who CAPTURES the hottest clothes for men and women, in the 18-35 age sector. If you're not too keen on finding the hottest styles or just not into the fad like that, this blog will really just be like a guidance counselor, a blog that never bases itself on TREND ('cuz trend doesn't last) but rather bringing out the FASHIONISTA IN YOU. Everybody is a fashionista; you are a fashionista whether you got on a ratty sweatsuit going down to the corner store for a minute, or going to the ball in haute couture. We all just need to properly make our style our own, while at the same time not looking a hot mess.

Okay now, let me briefly tell you about the lineup of this blog: I will post the items of the week at least twice a week, and random flyy people just about every other day to everyday. I'll try to keep the ones I find, in Detroit. There will be pics from my camera, and some from the internet that catch my eyes, and once in a while, I may piece the items to form one complete look. Some pieces may be expensive, but I'll do my very best to find inexpensive items for the everyday person. :-)

Without further ado, let me showcase the items of the week that caught my eyes as I had on my "cape," flying around the city *lol*

Men:
Esco777 Nike Air Max 1
Air Max 1 Custom - Courtesy of Complex Mag via Twitter

We're in the cold season where shoes of the norm are Timberlands, Polo Ralph Lauren boots, TOMS (love 'em!!), and other boots like it. A good direction to go in when you're stepping in from the snow is changing into some red-hot shoes like these Air Max 1s above. I saw this in Complex Magazine, but these kinds of shoes can be found in stores like Burn Rubber Sneaker Boutique Detroit (Royal Oak, MI) or in limited stores like Jimmy Jazz.


HowToDressLike_Usher_LEAD
Usher, Courtesy of Complex Mag
Pair those red-hot Nikes with accessories that have RED in them or COMPLEMENTS the red, like this denim ensemble Usher was seen wearing a couple weeks ago. This is a very cool outfit, so wear it well. Because the red shoes are eye-popping and loud, there's no need for the outfit to be loud as well. When you're stepping out, just change into some rugged boots that can be found anywhere. Personally Aldo, Underground Station, and even Wal-Mart have those kinds of boots; I would go there to look for them. They are affordable (obviously Usher's gear costs more)! Speaking of affordable, you can easily rock Usher's entire look at Target or Wal-Mart. You can be guaranteed to find this entire look for under $100!

Women:

Cheetah Print Oxford from Forever21 - $20

Leopard prints really seem to be the go-to for the winter months. While animal prints are considered to be a bit of controversy among fashionistas and the general public, the major problem is most people do not know HOW to apply those animal prints.

Listen... DO NOT wear an entire ensemble of animal prints: Blouse/Dress, scarf, purse, shoes, earrings, etc... YOU LOOK LIKE TARZAN'S WIFE. Wear one piece of animal print (LEOPARD is the way to go) and wear it with something cool yet understated; usually a dark color or denim will go well with it.

Ratkovich from Aldo Shoes - $120

Suggestions: Dark blue or black denim jacket, black T-shirt or blouse with graphics with warm, earth tones, black fitted jeans (like Dereon, Apple Bottoms, or any stretch jeans) or black leggings, black leg warmers (for a twist LOL), and the EYE-POPPING leopard shoes. If the leopard shoes is still not working for you, try earth-tone heeled boots.
Check the peeptoes. Your toes might get cold so keep them warm with--DRUMROLL--glitter socks. Yup baby.
Well, that's it for right now. I'll be right back. Let me retire back to my "bat-cave" and I'll come back with some more interesting stuff. God is love.



No comments:

JAIDEN's Popular Posts of the Week