Note: The following pics do not necessarily reflect the views of The Only Jaiden; this is STRICTLY from a 'fashion' perspective.

Thursday, March 22, 2012

B.E.T.'s 2012 'Rip The Runway' Tonight!! (UPDATE; Includes REVIEW and Grade Of Show)

Selita Ebanks Hosts Pooch Hall and Selita Ebanks onstage during BET's Rip the Runway 2012 at Hammerstein Ballroom on February 29, 2012 in New York City.

(Scroll down for complete review and grade of BET's 'Rip The Runway')

B.E.T.'s 'Rip The Runway' is a relatively young show that has really taken FASHION to another level by bringing it to the national airwaves (hence other competitors like NBC's 'Fashion Star'). The hosts for this year is Pooch Hall ('Derwin' from 'The Game') and supermodel Selita Ebanks.

If you know me, then you MUST know I'm all eyes and ears on this show. Guests are out-of-this-world fashion designers, as well as performers like Diggy Simmons and Jeremih, Estelle, Lil' Kim, Wale, and more.

Check out behind-the-scenes pics and videos and stay tuned to me by folowing me on Twitter @theonlyjaiden for up-to-date tweets about the show:

Models onstage at BET's Rip the Runway 2012 at Hammerstein Ballroom on February 29, 2012 in New York City.

Pic: Zimbio, Necole B***hie

Update of 'Rip The Runway' 3/21/2012:

Rip The Runway was a very exciting show to behold, with performers in the midst of models strutting down the runway. Lots of Louboutins and Steve Maddens were spotted on the runway. Female models had OH SO MUCH beauty (mmm...) and the curvy girls who wore COLOR-BLOCKING clothes truly represented; a high point of the night. The male models, looking like straight out of a Sean John and GQ spread, carried tons of SWAGGER.

LaQuan Smith and the debut of Sass by Selita was also a high point.

On the downside, the show didn't deliver as much BANG as I thought it would. The decor, the background, the runway design, the hype crowd WON me over. The distraction was the performers all up on the runway with the models; I think the runway should be LEFT for the models while the performers do their shot 'off-center' like Robin Thicke did. Another distraction was I was hoping that the performers/models wouldn't bump into each other.

'Rip The Runway' celebrated urban designers but it seemed to be missing something; I'm honestly not exactly sure what it was. Was it that the program was too short (I didn't want it to end)? Was it the hosts (I thought Selita and Pooch were GREAT, but I would've preferred a little more behind-the-scenes interaction)? Was it that Angela Simmons was the only celeb to do a makeover on ONE girl (I wanted more makeovers for more girls)?

I shouldn't have to feel like I enjoyed NBC's 'Fashion Star' more than BET's 'Rip The Runway'.

You decide for yourself. The grade I give: B-

-The Only Jaiden

No comments:

JAIDEN's Popular Posts of the Week