Note: The following pics do not necessarily reflect the views of The Only Jaiden; this is STRICTLY from a 'fashion' perspective.

Monday, April 11, 2011

Derek Blanks' Infamous 'Alter Ego' Photo Shoots

DEREK BLANKS

I have been a huge fan of Atlanta-based photographer mastermind DEREK BLANKS for quite a while. I first heard of his work, I believe back in 2008, when I came across a photography book in a Barnes & Noble bookstore. There were a lot of gifted photographers who had a knack for image, proportion, color, everything that made a photo SUPERB.

Derek Blanks stood out by coming up with a creative idea to take pictures of a client and then creating an "alter ego" (a fun, flirty, or dark side of the same client), and blending it into one interesting picture. I have an ALTER EGO: I call him 'JAIDEN', hence 'THE ONLY JAIDEN' (because the other side of me, which is very reserved would never do a blog like this).

Awesome, awesome work. I want to work with him one day.

Derek has done work with many models and celebs such as Beyonce, Michelle Williams, Eva Marcelle, David Banner (Really?), NeNe Leakes and RHOA (Real Housewives of ATL), and much more. See his work:

Beyonce

Mo'Nique
Musiq Soulchild

Kim Zolciak

AKON

Michelle Williams


Impressive, Mr. Blanks....


Pic: Various

No comments:

JAIDEN's Popular Posts of the Week