Note: The following pics do not necessarily reflect the views of The Only Jaiden; this is STRICTLY from a 'fashion' perspective.

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Some Beauties Are A Rare Gem... Like Actress JURNEE SMOLLETT


I came across actress Jurnee Smollett, of whom I had a serious crush on when I was younger (she played on Eve's Bayou back in the day, now 'Friday Night Lights'). She had a photo shoot and interview with Complex Magazine, wearing a HOTT HOTT HOTT 'zebra-inspired' dress matched up with her long locks (above). Jurnee is quite the talented actress and she's never too interested in being the 'IT' girl, but just more of an inspiration to others.

See more of her recent pics and an excerpt from Complex Magazine:


Jurnee Smollett


Jurnee is also married to musician Josiah Bell! I didn't even know that until I visited his sister's (who I'm friends with) Facebook page. Congrats to a beautiful couple!!!

See the COMPLEX MAG interview below:

I’d rather have critical acclaim than commercial success.

But actually, I just want to do performances that move people. So I don’t know if I care to have critical acclaim either, ’cause that’s just a bunch of critics. I try to give each performance my own soul, to bring a truth to my character. Hopefully, when I bring that much truth to a character, it resonates with somebody and it sparks some kind of emotion in them. I don’t really think about the critics or the commercial success.

I’d rather tell my partner my most intimate secrets than keep anything secret.

Honesty is the best policy. I tell my partner [her musician husband, Josiah Bell] everything. He knows me inside and out—whether I’m ashamed of it or proud of it. Everyone has a past, but I try not to let that affect the way I see them; I want to get to know who they are today.


1 comment:

@RonaldRanier said...

Idk why, but it suprises me that she's married.

JAIDEN's Popular Posts of the Week